Please select a note...
- 1 of 16 General Information
- 2 of 16 Summary of Significant Accounting Policies
- 3 of 16 Segment Information
- 4 of 16 Contracts for the Account and Risk of the Swiss Life Group’s Customers
- 5 of 16 Premiums, Policy Fees and Deposits Received
- 6 of 16 Details of Certain Items in the Consolidated Statement of Income
- 7 of 16 Income Taxes
- 8 of 16 Financial Assets and Liabilities at Fair Value through Profit or Loss
- 9 of 16 Financial Assets Available for Sale
- 10 of 16 Loans and Receivables
- 11 of 16 Intangible Assets including Intangible Insurance Assets
- 12 of 16 Investment Contracts
- 13 of 16 Borrowings
- 14 of 16 Insurance Liabilities and Reinsurance Assets
- 15 of 16 Employee Benefits
- 16 of 16 Fair Value of Financial Instruments
2 Summary of Significant Accounting Policies
The half-year financial statements are prepared in accordance with IAS 34 Interim Financial Reporting. The accounting policies used in the preparation of the interim financial statements are consistent with those used in the financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2014, except for the changes in accounting policies as described below.
These interim financial statements should be read in conjunction with the 2014 annual financial statements.
Figures may not add up exactly due to rounding.
No new or revised accounting standards or interpretations have been adopted in the period under review.
Transactions with subsidiaries have been eliminated on consolidation. No major transactions with other related parties have been entered into in the period under review.
Items included in the Group’s financial statements are measured using the currency of the primary economic environment in which the Group’s entities operate (the “functional currency”). The consolidated financial statements are presented in millions of Swiss francs (CHF), which is the Group’s presentation currency.
|30.06.2015||31.12.2014||Average 2015 HY||Average 2014 HY|
1 British pound (GBP)
1 Czech koruna (CZK)
1 Euro (EUR)
100 Polish zloty (PLN)
1 Singapore dollar (SGD)
1 US dollar (USD)