Please select a note...
- 1 of 17 General Information
- 2 of 17 Summary of Significant Accounting Policies
- 3 of 17 Segment Information
- 4 of 17 Contracts for the Account and Risk of the Swiss Life Group’s Customers
- 5 of 17 Premiums, Policy Fees and Deposits Received
- 6 of 17 Details of Certain Items in the Consolidated Statement of Income
- 7 of 17 Income Taxes
- 8 of 17 Financial Assets and Liabilities at Fair Value through Profit or Loss
- 9 of 17 Financial Assets Available for Sale
- 10 of 17 Loans and Receivables
- 11 of 17 Intangible Assets including Intangible Insurance Assets
- 12 of 17 Investment Contracts
- 13 of 17 Borrowings
- 14 of 17 Insurance Liabilities and Reinsurance Assets
- 15 of 17 Employee Benefits
- 16 of 17 Acquisitions and Disposals of Subsidiaries
- 17 of 17 Events after the Reporting Period
1 General Information
The Swiss Life Group is one of Europe’s leading comprehensive life and pensions and financial solutions providers. In its core markets of Switzerland, France and Germany, Swiss Life offers individuals and corporations comprehensive and individual advice plus a broad range of own and partner products through its sales force and distribution partners such as brokers and banks.
Swiss Life Select, tecis, HORBACH, Proventus and Chase de Vere advisors choose suitable products for customers from the market according to the Best Select approach. Swiss Life Asset Managers offers institutional and private investors access to investment and asset management solutions. Swiss Life provides multinational corporations with employee benefits solutions and high net worth individuals with structured life and pensions products.
Distribution out of capital contribution reserve
For the 2013 financial year, a distribution was made to the shareholders of Swiss Life Holding Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “Swiss Life Holding”) from the capital contribution reserve instead of a dividend payment from profit. This amounted to CHF 176 million (CHF 5.50 per registered share) and was paid in the first half of 2014.