Please select a note...
- 1 of 17 General Information
- 2 of 17 Summary of Significant Accounting Policies
- 3 of 17 Segment Information
- 4 of 17 Contracts for the Account and Risk of the Swiss Life Group’s Customers
- 5 of 17 Premiums, Policy Fees and Deposits Received
- 6 of 17 Details of Certain Items in the Consolidated Statement of Income
- 7 of 17 Income Taxes
- 8 of 17 Financial Assets and Liabilities at Fair Value through Profit or Loss
- 9 of 17 Financial Assets Available for Sale
- 10 of 17 Loans and Receivables
- 11 of 17 Financial Assets Held to Maturity
- 12 of 17 Intangible Assets including Intangible Insurance Assets
- 13 of 17 Investment Contracts
- 14 of 17 Borrowings
- 15 of 17 Insurance Liabilities and Reinsurance Assets
- 16 of 17 Employee Benefits
- 17 of 17 Acquisitions and Disposals of Subsidiaries
1 General Information
The Swiss Life Group is one of Europe’s leading providers of life insurance and pension solutions. In Switzerland, France and Gemany, the Group offers individuals and corporations comprehensive advice and a broad range of products through its own sales force as well as brokers and banks. Swiss Life provides international corporations with employee benefits solutions from a single source, and is one of the global leaders in structured life and pension products for international high net worth individuals. The AWD Group has been part of the Swiss Life Group since 2008. Hanover-based AWD is one of the leading European financial services providers in the medium and high-income client segments and offers its clients comprehensive financial advisory services. Germany, the UK, Austria and Switzerland are the AWD Group’s core markets.
For the 2011 financial year, a distribution to shareholders out of the capital contribution reserve of CHF 144 million (CHF 4.50 per registered share) instead of a dividend payment from profit was made in the first half of 2012.
In the following, Swiss Life Holding Ltd is referred to as “Swiss Life Holding”.